Monday, April 23, 2012

What I See

I see eyes that have seen a past
a mouth that tells a story
lips releasing the truth
I see you
as if I have never met you before
I see the glow of infinite wisdom 
as I try to emulate your mind
radiance
on a level misunderstood by 
the mortal limits of understanding
I see you
I see your diffidence
remnants of a rational being
years ago left behind
to pursue a more vigorous individual
I see certainty
as I relate to your state of being
confidence
as you slowly step forward
with your eyes that have seen a past
looks forward to what the future holds
a teacher willing to be taught and learned
tasting the flavor of perseverance
offering a bite
I see your willingness to undergo
an emotional metamorphosis
I walk into your world in mid transformation
a calm
a positive declaration intended
to give surety
stepping into guarded territory
I see you
offering an opening 
following your words towards an entrance
unafraid of the surroundings 
I trace the verbal footsteps 
of each word
and place them into my memory
I see you
words unspoken firmly established
through powerful thoughts
continuing to follow you through 
a mental hallway of wondernment.


-LolaBee

No comments:

Post a Comment