Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dedication to you...(2004)



I dedicate this to the one who touched my soul


the one who told me you are going to be a heartbreaker when you grow up


to the one who broke my heart


the one who pushed me - on the floor, and made me scrape my knee - because he liked me


I dedicate this to my first kiss - on the lips


my first taste of the tongue


my first caress


the one who held my hand while we walked


to the one who made me feel like nothing


and you that made me feel like something, and that nothing really mattered but us


This - is a dedication to the one who cried for me


who said he'd die for me


and oh, I can't forget you the one that popped my cherry


and ohhhh, you, theone who tasted my cherry and told me


it was so very


sweet


I dedicated this to you who told me that his little sister should not get walked on


and if anyone should be walking it had better be me...and I believed it


I dedicate thisto you who told me that there would be no other


and we can't forget you for making me a mother


to the angel who calls me his mother


and to his baby brother


they have taught me more than I could ever learn from any of you


and oooooh, how could I forget you


who used the word "love" for the very first time


and it was with me


and to you who let me knowthat there is more to what I see and you knew there was more to what you can see


thank you baby for believing in me


to you who shared his wisdom


and let me know that a  lady is who you are as a person not what you wear on your face and who you rub your behind on


because we all know that its how you rub your behind


and to my father, who although absent throughout my adolescent years still refers to me as his big girl - I still refer to you as my daddy


I've learned from you all whether we shared a brief encounter or created a lifelong friendship


I dedicate this to you


-LolaBee

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful..it reminded me of some special people and moments in my own life..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading MsJenkins! Be sure to join both sites. Prose and Conversation and a site currently being worked on called From My Lips to Your Ears.

      Delete