Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dear Summer - Originally written in 2007

The skirts got shorter the dresses got thinner,
the skin got darker.
Fell in love with a friend,
trusted someone more,
lost faith in another,
stood up to him,
put this one on the back burner,
while I dealt with that one,
partied hard,
laughed hard,
drank hard,
loved hard,
fucked hard...
got barred from a lounge,
lost myself,
found myself,
got a hold of myself,
learned that the little dot in the center of the universe is you,
and right next to it is me,
but mine is just a little brighter.
Had a brief moment of happiness
- is that what it feels like?
Dealt with aches,
felt the pain
– the good pain and the bad pain.
Discovered a new drink,
broke up with Jack Daniels.
Made a few threats,
followed up on most,
reneged on some.
Won most
lost some.
Said hello,
said goodbye,
got rid of this one,
to keep that one.
Saw the light,
found my path.
Coming to terms that my sister is leaving me
and that I'm on my own after that.
Fell in love with the rhythm.
Almost satisfied my soul.
Realized that most dudes aren't as hard as they seem
and some don't have as much as they claim to.
But who's counting. 
Almost took a trip to the dark side,
but the Most High brings me back every time.
Found out that even your friends hate you.

Made a promise to do it again next year.

-Lola Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment